– John and Mond have conversation each other.
– John asks why old books like Othello have been banned.
– Mond responds that it is because the world is not as same as Othello’s world.
– John asks why not all citizens have been created as Alphas.
– Mond answers to the question by explaining the Cyprus experiment.
– Mond sends Bernard to Iceland and Helmholtz to the Falkland Islands.
Ireland Experiment: Giving people increased leisure time and a four-hour work week. They all did not know what to do then.
Cyprus Experiment: An experiment which twenty-two thousand Alphas were put on an island of Cyprus and given all agricultural and industrial equipment
result: first-class civil war in six years-when only three thousand Alphas survived, they called out for governing of the World Controllers.
Quote 1: “Perfect population has a variety of castes to do different work.”
Quote 2: “The world’s stable now. People are happy; they get what they want, and they never want what they can’t get… You’ve got to choose between happiness and what people used to call high art. We’ve sacrificed the high art.”
Two Key Words:
Orgy-porgy: A kind of party where dozens of men and women meet- in the party, people take Soma(drug), sing Solidarity anthems, and have sexual relationships
Solidarity Service: People are required to attend the Solidarity Service so that they all feel connected each other
Two Key Quotes
1.”Yes, everybody is happy now”
2.”It was some human being finally and definitely disappearing. Going up in a squirto of hot gas. It would curious to know who it was… an Alpha or an Epsilon”
One Debate Topic: Is considering human corpses as energy substances reasonable?